Find out how to apply for a Proof of Age card.
First, get the form to apply from:
- VicRoads branches
- Australia Post branches
- selected pharmacies and chemists
Next, you need to:
- get 2 original ID documents.
- bring your form and original ID for witnessing to a person you've known at least 1 year who's enrolled to vote
- take your documents and sign your declaration before an authorised person
- bring your form and ID to an approved photo to get a photo for your card
- lodge your form and pay $10
- wait for your card to arrive in 3 to 4 weeks
ID you can use to prove your age
You'll need 2 original ID documents – no copies.
|One of these||AND one of these|
|Full Australian birth certificate||Driver licence or learner permit|
|Naturalisation certificate||Credit Card or bank passbook|
|Immigration papers||Medicare card|
|Citizenship papers||Shooters licence|
Take your form and ID to a:
- Justice of the Peace
- member of the Victoria Police force
- legal practitioner
- medical practitioner
- patent attorney
- trademarks attorney
- veterinary surgeon
- commissioner for declarations
- fellow member of the National Tax and Accountants’ Association Ltd
- members of CPA Australia
How much is a Proof of Age card?
When can I apply?
From when you’re 17 years and 11 months old. But you can’t use your card until you turn 18.
What if there's a mistake on my card?
Go back to where you lodged your application and correct the details. They'll issue a new card, free.
What happens if I lose or damage my card or need to update details?
If your card's more than 3 months old, you’ll need to apply for a new one.
Will you update my electoral roll details when I apply for a Proof of Age card?
No. To update your electoral roll details contact the Victorian Electoral
What’s an Australian Keypass?
A program of
In partnership with