Register your party online with Victoria Police’s Partysafe program at least one week before the event, so hosts and their guests can stay safe and have fun.

This takes about 6 mins
What you need to do

What you need to do when you plan your party

  • Complete the online registration form to register your party.
  • Control the spread of invitations.  Never post invitations as public events on social media sites.
  • Decide whether alcohol will be permitted and obtain parental consent if you intend to supply alcohol to children.*
  • Notify neighbours well in advance and comply with Environment Protection Authority residential noise restrictions.
  • Read through the Victoria Police Partysafe program booklet (PDF, 892KB) and the Partysafe flyer (PDF, 250KB) which provide advice on how to host a safe and trouble-free event.

*The Liquor Control Reform Act 1998 (External link) details offences of serving/providing alcohol to a child under 18 years of age without written or verbal permission from a parent, guardian or spouse (if the spouse is of or over the age of 18 years).

What Victoria Police do with your information

Read Victoria Police's information privacy statement (External link) to see how they collect, use and disclose your information.

Safety tips

Tips to keep your party safe

  • Arrange responsible adult supervision — consider hiring private security.
  • Prepare an emergency medical plan.
  • Call Triple Zero (000), if you're unable to handle the situation.
  • Print the Partysafe poster (PDF, 828KB) to display at your party. 

Service Victoria is a program of

Victoria State Government

Partysafe is a program of

Victoria Police logo