You need to renew your Working with Children Check to continue paid or volunteer child-related work.
You need to
- Know your Working with Children Check card number. If you can't find it, then get your before you start.
- Have access to your mobile or email for the security check.
Be aware that
- When renewing your check, you may change from volunteer to employee or employee to volunteer.
- It doesn’t cost anything to renew a volunteer check.
- You don’t need to renew your check if you simply stop doing child-related work or do work that is exempt from a .
- We will tell you if you need a new photo and how to upload one.
How we use your information
We’ll pass on your info to the Working with Children Check (WWCC) Unit Victoria to process your application to renew your WWCC. We won’t use your info for any other purpose unless permitted by law. You can contact us or WWCC Victoria if you want to access your personal info. You can also learn how Service Victoria uses your info here.
How you can pay for an employee check
|Renew employee check||$93.30|
|Renew volunteer check||Free|
Keep in mind
- Once you’ve paid, the cost is non-refundable, even if you are exempt.
- We’ll email you a tax invoice once you’ve paid.
Who needs to renew?
You need to renew your check before it expires if you do child-related work.
If you’ve kept your details up to date, then Working with Children Check Victoria will remind you to renew 28 days before your check expires.
You can renew your check from 6 months before to 3 months after it expires.
If your check is more than 3 months expired, then you can’t renew. You’ll need to apply for a new .
How long will it take to process my check?
It can take from 3 to 12 weeks to process your check. You can check on the while you wait.
Can I work while you process my check?
In many cases, you can. But in some circumstances, it is an offence to work without a valid Working with Children Check.
Doing child-related work while your application is .
How do I get a digital card?
You can easily get a digital WWCC card directly within the Service Victoria app.
What can I update when I renew?
You can update:
- Where you live
- Where you work or volunteer
- Phone numbers
What can’t I update when I renew?
You can’t change your name or gender online so find out what to do at:
Where can I get help or find out more about the check?
Working with Children Check can help you or give you more information.
What acts or regulations relate to the Working with Children Check?
A range of different laws may apply, depending on your situation. You can check them if you need to.
How we use your information?
We collect personal info that the Working with Children Check (WWCC) Unit Victoria needs to renew your WWCC under the Worker Screening Act 2020.
You can’t apply to renew your Working with Children Check without giving us this info.
We’ll share this info:
- with the WWCC Unit Victoria
- where permitted by law.
If you want to access your info, you can contact us or WWCC Victoria. To learn more about how we handle your info, see our Privacy and Security Policy.
A program of
In partnership with